Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Determination Kicking In

So we are on a tight budget now, we have cut right back, I have the groceries on a tight line and there isn't much room left in the budget since we are doing our hardest to clear our debt.  But then the dreaded phone call came tonight from the landlord informing us of a rent increase.  We've only just been here 6months, we thought we were safe for a while longer but obviously not. So we have to find a way to extract an extra $40 a fortnight from the budget to accommodate the $20 a week increase. The money is there its just disheartening that we have to pull it away from our extra payments we are putting towards the debt.  To some it may not seem like much, but to us its huge.
Determination has to kick in, I love this house, but I am over renting now.  It's been 10years and it's either houses going up for sale, landlords wanting properties for their relatives, or astronomical rent increases.  So I have reached my point of enough for me.  It will still be some time until we can even hope to gather a deposit together for a house but the belts will be tightened further, the frugal living will become even more frugal and we will work as hard as we can to pay the remaining debt and save for our own place.  It's going to be a long journey but we are determined to get through this soon.  Life isn't easy we're all aware of that but sometimes it would be nice to cruise an even playing field for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...