Sunday, 4 September 2011

Celebrating Father's Day

Today was Father's Day and the boys and I were all up for creating a special day for our Number 1 Dad!
So up early this morning while DH slept in the boys got to work and made him a card


Last night I made a banana cake and this morning I dressed it into a special cake for DH


Then I cooked DH's favourite breakfast Eggs Bennedict with Mushrooms.  All homemade Hollandaise Sauce and Wholegrain Bread mmmmm yummy!


Then it was off with a picnic basket full of my signature pinwheel scones, a thermos and cake to enjoy a day out with very close family friends at the local Zoo.  We had so much fun running around and laughing and just enjoying a great day out with lovely company. 

Master 5 got handy with the camera while we were out :)

 





One of the fun things at our little local zoo is you can buy little bags of food to feed some of the animals.  Master 5 is obsessed with any living creature so he was loving it today! He fed lots of different animals including an Emu and this Zebra.  What an awesome experience for him and a lovely memory for him to cherish as he gets older.


This is Millie the friendly goat at the zoo. I thought I would share this photo with you, her story touched my heart after growing up on a farm with animals and in particular goats.  I know that this is a truly special story as many animals in Millie's position would have just been put down, but she was blessed with a second chance and is now the most friendliest, gentle goat.
Millie was a wild goat and was attacked by dogs.  Her neck was ripped out by them :( she was saved by some awesome vets and has been given a second chance and nursed back to health from this terrible attack.  As you can see she has no neck as such, so she's a little lopsided and on first approach looks quite like some sort of exotic unknown animal :) but man does she love to nibble at the food from your palm! ever so gently and she just bends her head to whatever angle she needs to reach it.  Truly amazing I think.


Our two little monkeys :)

Happy Father's Day sweetheart, thanks for being the best Daddy ever!!


I'd love to hear how other families celebrate Father's Day or Mother's Day :)

4 comments:

  1. OH WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY! The boys look so excited and happy and I'm sure your DH shared that tremendous grin seen on both their little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all had a great day, even the goat!! I tried to con the kids into clebrating me yesterday being a single Mum (thought I deserved Dads day too)they didnt buy it at all. The last couple of years I have celebrated my Mum by taking her out to lunch on Mothers day, just the 2 of us so we dont have to cook or clean up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies, sorry it's taken a while for me to reply to your comments, they are very valued though! We had such a lovely day and it created wonderful memories to be cherished.
    Jen R, I love that you take your Mum out to lunch, nothing like a little spoiling and not cleaning up afterwards is such a bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky Dad, having an awesome family like yours!

    And what a lucky goat too!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...