Friday, 30 September 2011

It's In The Bag

Joining in with Rhonda for her Friday 'On My Mind' Post over at Down To Earth:)

In amongst our hectic schedule at the moment I finally found some sitting down time and thought I would share my latest sewing creation.  A few posts back I posted my practice bag, well this is what that practice was all for :) I'm feeling a great sense of pride with myself with what I have achieved. I enjoyed creating it and although there were a few hairy moments thrown in, I think I pulled it off relatively well, considering my VERY limited sewing experience.  It was a gift for my close friend's little girl who turned 5 recently.  It will probably sit in the closet for a while, she got a whole load of awesome presents, but I hope that in time to come she will pull it out and know that I made it with love just for her :) If not that's ok, I have the satisfaction of knowing I completed the task I had set for myself...and I have a feeling her Mum may just snaffle it after a while ;)




 In the creating stage








Love that this pattern is reversable :)

4 comments:

  1. Thats gorgi, so love the colors, your clever I dont do sewing..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bag. I make very simple shopping bags for friends and family but yours beat mine by miles.

    I hope the recipient of your bag is appreciative of your work.

    Here from D-T-E.

    http://barefootbride-thebarefootbride.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-my-mind.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I'm really happy it turned out the way I pictured it :) I must confess I didn't have much confidence it would lol

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...