Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Breadmaker Recipes - White and Wholegrain

I've found a few minutes (or rather 'borrowed' a few minutes from folding my mountain of washing) and thought I would post my bread recipes for you as I mentioned in my last post.  These two recipes are the two we use in our home, they have been tried and tested and tweaked and altered by me until I was happy with how the breads were turning out.  I now feel the recipes are 'bloggable' :)  If you have any suggestions or comments on the recipes feel free to let me know :)

The White bread recipe has been passed onto me by a friend who uses it out of the Alison Holst Bread Book.  I have tweaked it slightly but it remains pretty similar to the original one I was given.

The Wholegrain Recipe is one I have tested (over many loaves) and adapted and tweaked from about 3 or 4 different recipes so I have no 1 particular recipe it came from. I guess it's kind of a 'MrsW' special recipe :)

WHITE BREAD - 750gm loaf

1 1/4 cups of Warm Water
2 tablespoons Milk Powder
2 tablespoons Oil (I use Olive but any will work)
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt (I use normal table salt)
2 teaspoons White Sugar
EITHER - 3 cups Highgrade Flour   OR  2 1/2 cups Highgrade Flour and 1/2 cup of Gluten Flour
EITHER - 1 1/2 teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast Granules   OR   3 teaspoons of Surebake Yeast (active yeast combined with bread improvers) 

Put all the ingredients into your breadmaker pan in the order as required by your breadmaker machine.  This recipe is written in the order my Tefal machine calls for - so wet to dry ingredients. 

Set it to a White Bread Setting and 750gram loaf

NB - I prefer the Highgrade and Gluten Flour mix as the bread comes out a bit softer and it seems to last a little longer before going stale, however it works just fine with straight Highgrade flour.  I also use Active Dry Yeast granules as I have found the Surebake mix in my machine tends to make the bread rise up and explode a little then sink alot once cooled.  The Active Dry Yeast tends to be a little more stable in the loaf.


WHOLEGRAIN BREAD - 1000gram loaf

1 1/4 cups Warm Water
1 1/2 tablespoons Runny Honey (or solid honey melted slightly)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil (or any other)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
4 tablespoons Linseeds
1/2 cup of Kibbled Wheat (Pre-soak this for a few mins before using)
1 cup Wholemeal Flour
1/2 cup Gluten Flour
1 1/2 cups Highgrade Flour
EITHER - 1 1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast Granules   OR   3 teaspoons Surebake Yeast

Put all the ingredients into your breadmaker pan in the order as required by your breadmaker machine.  This recipe is written in the order my Tefal machine calls for - so wet to dry ingredients. 

Set it to the Wholemeal Bread Setting and 1000gram loaf

NB - I haven't tried it without the Gluten Flour but if you have none I'm sure it would work with a combination of Wholemeal and Highgrade Flours.  As for my Wholegrain loaf made by hand, it's so much softer and the kids eat it when it contains some Gluten Flour to soften it. 

These two loaves are our staple in our house, so I hope they may work for you to :)  Right must get back to my washing pile and get dinner started :)

1 comment:

  1. thank you for these recipes. The only minor change I made was to exchange molasses for the honey in the wholegrain loaf. This is lovely bread for sandwiches, and I'm looking forward to trying it toasted (if I can hide it till morning :))

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...