Saturday, 5 November 2011

Birthday Treats for a Friend

Joining in with Rhonda at Down to Earth with the Friday On My Mind post (albeit one day late :) )

During this past week was a close friends birthday.  I have been slowly making my way through an apron as a gift for her and managed to get it finished yesterday.  M is a very busy Mum with 3 children, 2 at school and 1 preschooler.  A while ago now they purchased a few acres and a beautiful big house, but this lends itself to M working really hard on the farm, building up gardens and doing a bit of fixing up around the house, not leaving much time for just taking it slowly.  She loves to bake and cook up a storm so I thought that a new apron would be perfect! I made a reversible one with her favourite colour, a nice little treat for a hard working Mummy.
I also baked her a cake so she could blow out her own candles :)  
She had Master 4 yesterday for a play date so when I went to pick him up I arrived bearing gifts, she was just delighted, and felt suitably spoilt!




Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend xxx

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful! The apron turned out REALLY good! I love that you put pockets as I know on a farm they come in handy BIG time. My Grandma always wore an apron and you never knew what you might find in her pockets.... kleenex if she was feeling ill, eggs if she just left the coop... chunks of carrots or apples if she had been up to feed the ponies... maple syrup taps in the Spring...

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...