Monday, 28 November 2011

Pear and White Chocolate Muffins - A Monday : Baking Day Feature

Welcome to my Monday: Baking Day Feature. Every Monday is baking day in my kitchen following a phrase over here in NZ from the old Farmbake Cookies adverts. So I thought it would be a great way to share some of my yummy baking recipes, some being my old faithful recipes and some new, but I hope they are recipes that may inspire you to create Monday: Baking Day in your kitchen :). I love to swap recipes so if you have something scrummy to share then please feel free to create the recipe post on your blog and link it back to here for us all to share. Just remember though if you have a recipe to share from another blog, that's great, but please do the right thing and provide a link back to the original recipe, this is also a great way to share our blogs :). HAPPY BAKING ..... and enjoy!

Pear and White Chocolate Muffins

1 cup Wholemeal Flour
1 cup Plain White Flour  ( or instead of these 2 flours combined, use 2 cups of Plain White Flour)
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
1 cup Milk
2/3rd cup Olive Oil
2 Pears - peeled, cored and chopped finely
A good handful of White Chocolate Buttons or pieces
Raw Sugar for sprinkling on top


Preheat oven to 180degC and grease muffin tins. This recipe makes roughly 16 muffins.


Sift and combine flours, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar.
In a seperate bowl whisk the eggs and add the milk and oil.
Fold this through the flour mix until just combined.
Add the chopped Pears and White Chocolate Pieces/Buttons and mix through gently.
Spoon into muffin tins, sprinkle with a little Raw Sugar and bake for around 15minutes or until they are golden and a skewer comes out clean.




NOTES - This recipe works as a base recipe with the Pears substituted with different fruits and/or berries.  I have made it with Apples, Berries, Peaches and Pineapple pieces.  

1 comment:

  1. These muffins sound really good, have some pears that need using up, so will give them a go. Just wanted to drop in and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and lots of good health and happiness for 2012. Look forward to seeing more posts from you. Have a magical day with your boys. X

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...