Monday, 2 January 2012

Christmas Album 2011

Here is a little album of our Christmas 2011 :) 

Every year we take the boys to Franklin Road up in the city, every (or nearly every) house is decked out in awesome light displays :) we went up with some friends and all had lots of fun admiring the lights







Christmas Eve we give the boys a present that they can open, it's a little tradition MrW and I started when they were babies.  They get a new pair of PJ's, a new book and a new toothbrush, here they are all excited in their new PJ's with their books ready for bed :)


 
Our night time glow from the tree, it's always sad taking it down at the end of Christmas



Christmas morning we awoke to find Santa had visited and left some magic non-melting snow on the floor and a little letter thanking them for being so good throughout the year, and to keep it up for next year ;)


Always the exciting part, opening the gifts :)



Aww cuddles to say thankyou for the present

We're all going fishing this year :)


Scooter Man!

Master 5 trying out his new skateboard

Then it's onto our traditional Christmas morning fare of PANCAKES!! always goes down a treat :)

 We spent Christmas day celebrating with MrW's family, great food, lots of fun and play, and a nice day chilling out with our loved ones

My Pavlova I made for Christmas pudding, my SIL's very cute little decorations in the background. I believe they are old paperback books pulled into this shape and painted?? anyway they were very cool!
Lots of water play and riding around for the boys and their cousins


Onto Boxing Day, we had a traditional Christmas Dinner (at lunch time just to confuse the children!) with gorgeous food and great company 

C my friend made the cooked ham, and I made the roasted veges and Chicken with Prune, Yoghurt and Mushroom stuffing - yummy yum!


I played around with desert and made Chocolate Mousse - now this was DIVINE! Made with real chocolate and lots of cream.  I'm glad Christmas is only once a year lol
The next day the boys Gran came to stay and I made another Roast Chicken for dinner with the same stuffing as it went down so well the day before, and a traditional (well for my family) Pavlova for desert




To work off all that awesome food, we headed out to try out the new rods....MrW of course caught the one that got away ;)


We enjoyed a lovely Christmas this year, it looks like it was all about the food though! We were all very grateful for being able to spend time with our much loved family and friends and of course, some quality with each other.  MrW still has some more time off for a bit, we were meant to be camping but it's wet wet wet here in NZ so we'll be going later on in the summer, but that's ok as it allows a few things to be done around home and of course so much needed relaxation.

We love sharing Christmas stories so leave a link back to your own blog in the comments section to share yours.

We hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and New Year,
Onto 2012 we go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...