Thursday, 5 January 2012

Living Series - Savings in the Grocery Bill (Intro)

Righto, time to start this series, I have been wanting to write about this since I started this blog.  This is such a huge topic and I could go on for hours on this, so I thought it best to break it up into steps to make it a little less overwhelming.  I will try and post one of these at least every second day or so, so watch this space.

The reason why I have so much passion (I guess you could call it passion) for this topic is it is an area where I have personally saved ALOT of money to give back to our budget for other essential living costs (Over the years I have dropped our grocery bill from +$300NZ per week to now averaging $180NZ per week for the four of us) .  In fact it is an area that most people can save in, and sometimes all it takes is a little tweaking to a current system and you can make more savings.  

This series I hope may help those starting on their journeys to organising their homes, kitchens and the grocery bill. I hope it may bring a little motivation and new ideas to those that have a system or half a system in place but it's not working out to well. Or as I find, when I read other bloggers posts, to those that have a system in place that works, perhaps there may be a new idea or two in here to try, or please feel free to leave comments if you have other systems/ways of doing things that work on the topic.

I'll cover quite a few points in my posts, so if you have a question about anything, either leave a comment in the comments section or you can email me at mrsw.comesmelltheroses@gmail.com - I love questions, they get the brain thinking :)

Well I do hope you find this series interesting and informative and you pick something up along the way. I'll wait to see you on the other side with an organised pantry, perhaps a stockpile, a daily menu plan, an organised shopping method and most importantly SAVINGS ON THE GROCERY BILL!


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this, something I love to do...why spend more on food than we need, I have spent the last half of 2011 being really conscience of wasting less food...hence spending less too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you familiar with the Simple Savings newsletters? They're free, and often have good tips in them, and this month's had a free 2012 money saving calendar in it.

    Here's the link: http://www.simplesavings.co.nz/

    The calendar link is here: http://www.simplesavings.com.au/article/War-on-Debt

    Cheers from Wingatui XXX

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...