Monday, 2 January 2012

Oaty Chocolate Chip Cookies - A Monday : Baking Day Feature

Welcome to my ''Monday: Baking Day'' Feature. Every Monday is baking day in my kitchen following a phrase over here in NZ from the old Farmbake Cookies adverts. So I thought it would be a great way to share some of my yummy baking recipes, some being my old faithful recipes and some new, but I hope they are recipes that may inspire you to create Monday: Baking Day in your kitchen :). I love to swap recipes so if you have something scrummy to share then please feel free to create the recipe post on your blog and leave a comment with a link to your post for us all to share. Just remember though if you have a recipe to share from another blog, that's great, but please do the right thing and provide a link back to the original recipe, this is also a great way to share our blogs :). HAPPY BAKING ..... and enjoy!

These cookies are a favourite in our house, I've had the recipe for so long I can't remember where I first got it, I think it could have come from a bunch of old family recipes I was given a while back.  They go down well with the kids as they have a little bit of Chocolate in them, but they go down better with me as they have Rolled Oats in them for a bit of fibre, and I've adapted it to include some form of dried fruit - be it Raisins, Apricots, Sultanas, Cranberries or Currants etc.  These are great lunch box fillers, and they freeze well :)


Oaty Chocolate Chip Cookies

125grams Butter - Softened 
100grams Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
150grams Plain Flour
1 generous teaspoon Baking Powder 
75gms Rolled Oats
50grams Chocolate Chips * 
50grams White Chocolate Buttons * (Optional)
75grams Dried Fruit * - Raisins, Currants, Apricots, Sultanas, Cranberries etc

* In truth I don't measure these ingredients, I tend to just throw in a good handful of each 

Beat together the Butter and Sugar until well creamed.
Add the Egg and Vanilla Essence and beat in well.
Sift in the Flour and Baking Powder and add the Rolled Oats.  Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Add and mix in the Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Buttons and dried Fruit.
Roll into balls and place on a greased or lined baking tray, leaving a little room to spread.  Flatten slightly with a fork or your fingers.
Bake at 180degC for approximately 10mins or until golden.
Enjoy!
 

This recipe has been linked up to Sweet as Sugar Cookies for Lisa's Sweets for a Saturday feature

5 comments:

  1. We baked today too, choc chip bickies, like the thought of adding the oats though, must try them, thanks for sharing :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Jen :) thanks for stopping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look lovely. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I'd love to! Thanks for asking me over :)

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...