Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Nut Brownie Cookies - Monday : Baking Day

Welcome to my ''Monday: Baking Day'' Feature. Every Monday is baking day in my kitchen following a phrase over here in NZ from the old Farmbake Cookies adverts. So I thought it would be a great way to share some of my yummy baking recipes, some being my old faithful recipes and some new, but I hope they are recipes that may inspire you to create Monday: Baking Day in your kitchen :). I love to swap recipes so if you have something scrummy to share then please feel free to create the recipe post on your blog and leave a comment with a link to your post for us all to share. Just remember though if you have a recipe to share from another blog, that's great, but please do the right thing and provide a link back to the original recipe, this is also a great way to share our blogs :). HAPPY BAKING ..... and enjoy!



Nut Brownie Cookies

125gms Butter - softened
1 cup White Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour (or 1 1/2 cups Flour and 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder)
2 tbsp Cocoa
Pinch Salt
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (preferably roasted)
1 tbsp Hot/Boiling Water

Cream Butter and Sugar until pale and fluffy.
Add Egg and beat in well, then add Vanilla Essence.
Sift Flour and Cocoa into the Butter mix, add Salt and fold through.
To this mix in the Nuts and Hot/Boiling Water and mix in well.  
The mix will be quite moist and sticky, roll small spoonfuls into balls and place on a Baking Paper lined tray and slightly flatten with a fork (I lightly hold the sides so when I remove the fork from the ball it doesn't stick to it).
Allow room for these to spread then bake in an oven preheated to 160degC.
Bake for 10mins for a soft cookie, or 12mins or so for one with a slight crunch :)
Makes approx 33 cookies.









 Perfect to enjoy with a hot cuppa!




1 comment:

  1. All ingredients I have in the cupboard. I'll have to give these a try.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...