Thursday, 2 October 2014

Guilt Free Sweet Treats

I have such a sweet tooth! sometimes I quite like to have a little something sweet with my cup of tea at the end of a long day...and so does MrW.

I thought when we decided to give up refined sugar that I would have to give up a lot of my favourite treats (like chocolate) but with quite a bit of 'blog surfing' I realised the opposite :) YAY!

So if you want some truly yummy treats that aren't full of refined sugar then there are lots of lovely blogs out there with great recipes.  I thought tonight I would share one of my favourites with you, head on over and visit Bianca at Wholefood Simply and prepare to spend a while looking through her recipes, she has some amazing ones that she has developed.

Tonight I made Bianca's Jersey Caramel Slice.....OMG devine! find the recipe here



So simple, in a food processor or high powered blender whizz together dessicated coconut, some dates (either medjool or dried), vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. So easy! If you use dried dates like I did, then soak them in a bowl covered with boiling water for about 15mins to soften first. I also drizzled in a few spoons of the date liquid as well.

Earlier in the week I made the Bounty Bar Slice, it felt like eating a little slice of naughty-ness each night...without the guilt :) find the recipe here
The Chocolate topping tastes like chocolate and sets nice and hard.








One little tip I have discovered that you may like to try is process the dessicated coconut for a bit first. It seemed to help break it down a little quicker doing the coconut on its own first before adding the remaining ingredients.


It will take a little while but it will eventually start to release its natural moisture and this is the consistency you want it so you can press it into the slice tin. Chill in the fridge, cut into decadent small pieces, store in the fridge and ENJOY!





If you come across any other great recipes for sweet treats that are refined sugar free and supports Clean eating please feel free to leave links in the comments to share :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...