Friday, 9 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Hi all!

Well it has been the most relaxing holiday we have had in a long time and we are now feeling ready to face the year ahead and the challenges that might pop up.  We spent a few days at the beach with friends just chilling out and hanging at the beach. Apart from that we have just been at home doing our own thing and for me it's been trying to catch up on the study I have put off. 




The kids are off to Grandma's for the week from tomorrow so I can get an assignment done and MrW sadly has to return to work on Monday....it's been such a luxury having him at home for a couple of weeks.

One of my presents for Christmas was this Nadia Lim cookbook! OMG her recipes are amazing! Based on clean eating and so delish, I have had some fun experimenting with some of the recipes....and shock horror! I can follow a cookbook without adapting the recipes lol


Sweet Chilli and Lime glazed Salmon with an Asian Slaw
Lemon, Parsley, Caper and Parmeson crusted Terakhi (white fish), with Summer Cous Cous


The boys have started their training for their Weetbix Kiwi Kids Triathlon in Feb, and I have recently decided that it was time to step my triathlon training up and have found myself a coach - exciting times ahead! I have some big goals in mind for what I would like to achieve and a coach is a sensible choice to achieve this. Time to start saving those pennies! I had such a great triathlon just before Christmas (photos to come for that soon) that I decided that the investment was worth it to see what I could really achieve :) Plan starts on Monday.....eeek!





I don't normally promote many things on here however I'm making an exception for this, I have recently joined a trial group for motivating women, it is absolutely fantastic the support from all of these women from all walks of life who are all ages, shapes and sizes, it is available to anyone around the world as it is all online support, mainly through Facebook....you meet amazing people and the recipe sharing is awesome! The focus is Clean Eating and embracing movement, if you are sitting there thinking 2015 is your year to get moving and clean your eating up then I can totally recommend this group. They run trials every now and then for a month at a time which is a great way to 'see' for yourself what it is all about as it is quite a hard concept to explain, all I can say is look into it if you want to surround yourself with motivated people and support network to fall back on! Even though I am committed to training and do quite a bit of training I still lose the motivation to get out there and just do it...this group has been a great motivator as you see the posts of people putting up their walks, runs, swims or rides for the day...or gym sessions/cross fit for that matter and you think they can do it so can I! If you are thinking "well I don't do that much", that's ok because a lot are only focusing on the act of getting out the door for half an hour and eating clean meals during the day.....I think I may be one of the exceptions to the rule in the general populations of the group..well the trial I am in anyway lol. The website is http://www.motivatemenz.co.nz/ if you are keen to check it out or the Facebook page is MotivateMeNZ.

                                    http://www.startofhappiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/happiness-quote-02.jpg

So for now it's back into routine somewhat from next week, in between my assignment writing and training I will be doing a bit of a spring clean...turning mattresses, giving the windows a wash, cleaning out the fridge, maybe the pantry oh and my car!...all those little jobs that you need to just have time to 'potter' and do - they will become my study break tasks :) I did a large stockpile shop last week so I shouldn't need to go back to the supermarket for a wee while. We have three weeks until school starts for 2015! this year is already starting to fly.


I promise I will have a recipe or two to share over the next wee while!

I'd love to hear how your holidays have been xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I can't wait to read your comments and to share ideas, I am a busy mummy with 2 boys to run around after so I will try and get to comments as quickly as I can...if there is a delay in seeing them published this is why, not because I don't care, I'm just taking some time to smell the roses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...